|We are OSD Proud because:
...we provide exceptional customer service at the Northside Activity Center and in every area of our department.
...we welcome hundreds of new teachers to Northside ISD each year at New Teacher Academy and then support first year teachers through our RED WAGON New Teacher Mentoring program.
...we support teachers as they continue their growth as professionals through
- an electronic system (ERO) that supports registration and attendance for hundreds of hours of Continuing Professional Education and Teacher Choice opportunities on the most current and innovative education practices,
- 24/7 access to NISD produced top-notch online training,
- a customer friendly teacher resource room providing quality equipment and instructional supplies to enhance student learning, and
- a Professional Library that provides research and reference support, over 7000 research-based professional books, videos, online eBooks, journal databases and other materials related to various topics in Pre-K – 12 education and leadership.
...we help grow leaders through programs like Leader College, Campus Mentoring Advisor trainings, Northside Leadership Academy, ATLAS (for secondary AP/VPs), ABLE (for new Principals) and Administrator Institute.
...we support parents by
- providing education on adolescent social issues through the Parent411 portal,
- training parent volunteers on the use of equipment to help assist teachers in enhancing instruction, and
- providing access to our Professional Library materials and resources.